Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AW Community Meeting - April 1st 2012

Posted by Bach Zhaa 
Bach Zhaa
Archived Content
Sunday April 1st 2012 6pm- 8pm VRT
Yellow Worlds Steampunk Village - Yellow 1838.03S 1690.07E 0.11a 89 - ( [objects.activeworlds.com] click to teleport )

It's been a month since our last meeting and although the forums continues Activeworlds love of drama, I've been noticing a lot happening around the universe that deserves some attention.

The Steampunk Village, hosted by Apooka and Ozman is well underway in Yellow world and thanks to Apooka, is the location of our next meeting.
Join us as we take a look at some of the creations that make builders here proud. Truly some amazing work being created.

Please, if you have news or events you wish to make public for the month of April, now is your opportunity.

See you at the meeting.
smiling smiley
Andy S
Archived Content
Bach Zhaa;157152
Yellow Worlds Steampunk Village - Yellow 1838.03S 1690.07E 0.11a 89 - ( [objects.activeworlds.com] click to teleport )

It's been a month since our last meeting and although the forums continues Activeworlds love of drama, I've been noticing a lot happening around the universe that deserves some attention.

The Steampunk Village, hosted by Apooka and Ozman is well underway in Yellow world and thanks to Apooka, is the location of our next meeting.
Join us as we take a look at some of the creations that make builders here proud. Truly some amazing work being created.

Please, if you have news or events you wish to make public for the month of April, now is your opportunity.

See you at the meeting.
smiling smiley

Yeah, I would like to make public the wedding of GP and Melody.

And also a nice place in Blue Ridge I'm working on. Looks like the mountains.

If it weren't for user created content like Apooka's project, your meetings, and everyone else, AW would be dead.
Legion
Archived Content
Bach Zhaa;157152

See you at the meeting.
smiling smiley
Early April Fool's, is it? :wink: :p
Bach Zhaa
Archived Content
Legion;157158
Early April Fool's, is it? :wink: :p
We're having the meeting and no April Fools lol..

Someone posted one of Google's April fools pranks on Facebook recently thats kind of cool if you haven't see it...
[maps.google.com]
Its Google Maps with a twist.
Zoom in, it's in street view too.

---

See you at the meeting.
smiling smiley
Bach Zhaa
Archived Content
What can I say, we had another great meeting! It's nice to see everyone come together to talk AW.
Let's us feel a sense of community, for me anyway.
Thanks everyone. smiling smiley

---

Most of the time was spent discussing the ongoing Steampunk Village in Yellow world, hosted by Apooka and Ozman.
It's a community build project themed after the popular [en.wikipedia.org] Steampunk style. The article, [activeworlds.com] The Art and Craft of Steampunk is featured in the newest edition of [activeworlds.com] The Yellow Gazette and is a good place to check out ideas.

Sites are still available as this project is ongoing. This is not a contest so builders of all skill levels are invited to join in and build or learn to build with some of the best and brightest in Activeworlds.

The greatest part of the meeting for me however, was the impromptu parade of the movers created as part of this project. From blimps to bi-planes to period cars to sleek tron-like vehicles.. many of them paid us visit and entertained us quite well. grinning smiley
Also, kudos to Apooka for getting some new textures to work with.

Check it all out.. Yellow Worlds Steampunk Village - Yellow 1838.03S 1690.07E 0.11a 89 - ( [objects.activeworlds.com] click to teleport )

Contact Apooka or Ozman for a building site or just come and ride the movers and play the games. (I spent 20 minutes tossing tomatoes at this poor avatar.. lol. good fun.)

---

There was talk of other events in the works, questions about events forgotten.. however unless we have any info for sure, I don't want to just post rumors.
We talked about a few citizens that have gone on to greener pastures. That's always painful, but is part of life... and I wish them all the best.

The meeting was a good one, not because we had lots to talk about but because we all wanted to be there, to share our love of Activeworlds.

Thanks again,
Bach
Ozman
Archived Content
Bach Z certainly had the right of it; I think everyone had a lot of fun, and gave us some very good ideas for more events in Steampunk City in the months ahead.

And we got three more builders in the city, so it's growing nicely. Apooka and I took notes of all the ideas folks came up with for future events in the city, so watch this space for further announcements.

Thanks for all who attended and may you all prosper smiling smiley
Apooka
Archived Content
Ditto smiling smiley