Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Double Sided Signs With Different Text And Double Textured Panels

Posted by Kenneth 
Archived Content
Create some double sided signs, like sign4.rwx but be able to write different text on each side. You would need a new argument in the Description Box to break up the 2 sides, for example: Welcome! | Come Back Soon! which would be in the Description Box and Welcome! would go on one side and Come Back Soon! would go on the other side. Without a | it could just put text on one side. This would sure help people like me that when 2 signs are close to each other, they bleed through with my video card. It would also reduce the amount of objects used in 1 space. Oh, I guess this command can also be used in the Action box to put 2 different textures on 1 wall or floor panel. For example: create texture stone3 | create texture wood33. With this, you can put it on a roof and it would show wood on top of the house and stone on the ceiling of the house, which is the same panel object.
Archived Content
The double sign i dont think is a great idea, but the double texture IS!!!! The problem about building is, your texture is going to show up on both sides, so you can do 1 of 2 things.
a. Deal with it or
b. use 2 walls (which can be very wide or bleed)

So its no fun to have a drywall texture on your outside, and no fun to have a brick wall in your house. So The double texture is an A++++ idea!!!
Archived Content
Reply to signs - I think the sign format is good the way it is... However, this can be done if the modeller makes the sign 2 sided in a program such as AccuTrans 3D.

Reply to textures - This would be a interesting concept but, can also be done via a program.

So, in my opinion the texture idea would be cool if it was implemented... but, I really don't see a need for the sign part. Thanks =]
Archived Content
the Wall thing can Already be done by using Tags.
Archived Content
why not just use 2 signs?
Archived Content
nwasells;59656
the Wall thing can Already be done by using Tags.

not everybody is good with tags, like me.
Archived Content
Baro;59658
why not just use 2 signs?

I do use 2 signs, but sometimes they bleed through if they are too close together.